Monday, June 6, 2011

How do I change my voice to sound more masculine?

I have one of those ';gay voices';. I want to sound more masculine. I don't want people to know that I'm gay to be noticed by my voice. Any gay men who have had experience with this issue please respond and give me your suggestions.How do I change my voice to sound more masculine?
Try speaking with an overly open throat.

Start to yawn and when your ears pop

Speak the vowels clearly=A, E, I O U

Practice and your voice will slowly fall into a lower register and you throat muscles will adapt to the change. (With an overly open throat you are also placing less stress on the vocal chords) It's an old lesson from speech classes in my under-graduate years.



Oh, and if you get nervous when you speak, either in public or among friends, and your voice gets faster--then your voice is going into a higher register, too. Slow down when you say something. You'll also look thoughtful.How do I change my voice to sound more masculine?
me too but I learned one thing.. I couldn't change my real voice. I can imitate them but not to stay long because my real voice is soft..
deepin your voice and listen to striaght guys talk and try to mimic them.



but hey. dont change yourself if that how you are be like that.
Relax. This is the key.

Speak more slowly and deliberately.

Don't try to pitch your voice ';deep';. Go for ';low tenor';.

Laugh quietly.



I am not gay, but I have spent years training my voice.

Find a singer and learn some vocal relaxation techniques. You'd be surprised at how much can be accomplished by simply relaxing your vocal cords.



This ain't easy, my brother. It takes practice and time.

You may just want to be as you are (which I am sure is great).

Who cares if people think you ';sound gay';?



If you can stick at it it can be done.

Believe me - if Cindy Crawford can do it (she sounded like a smurf on helium) you can. Good luck!!
Your voice, just like your sexuality, is unchangeable. It's the way you were born. I'm sure your voice isn't as bad as you think. I hated the sound of my own voice as well, until I just accepted it. That's what you and the people around you have to do about your voice.
As your get older it will change a little, but be happy with who you are and how you sound.
all gay men's voices are by definition ';gay voices';, no matter how they sound, but if you want a more masculine gay voice:



';6: If you talk to someone you don't know and you want to make your voice sound manly here are a few tips. if you are not on T this may be a lot harder. Some FtM's are already born with a pretty deep voice like myself, but some definatly have the girlishness still there. Don't force your voice down lower, at any rate it sounds fake and when your force your voice lowerit shows on your face. Relax your vocal cords, try practicing at home before going out like in the mirror and such. Try to relese your voice nice and easy. Most of thetime your vocal cords cooperate and the voice just flows out nice and easy. You may end up sounded like a 13 year old boy that has'nt hit puberty yet, but I know a lot of grown men that sound like that so you should pass :) ';
I've heard that one of the ways to do it is by smoking a lot. But in order for this to work, you have to smoke like 5 packs per day. I don't think this is a very good way to do it because it may cause lung cancer, and mouth cancer, and all sorts of cancer. But just listen to the people who have lung cancer, they talk like robots. It seems like their voice is very very deep.
Try speaking with a slower, more measured voice. I'm not gay but I need to change the way I sound to people quite a lot ^.^'



Good luck and just keep practising
I think you would be a lot better with accepting your voice, as opposed to trying to change. Who cares what others think of your voice? So you don't have a deep voice? What does that mean? It means nothing! You will be a lot happier the sooner you accept your voice!



In addition, you may simply be over estimating how unmasculine your voice is. And even if your voice is as unmasculine as humanly possible, that doesn't change who you are! Furthermore, if people are judging you because of your voice or for being gay, what does that mean? I like to think that it means you get a quick answer of what type of person they really are, and that you should be lucky you don't have to befriend them!



I am sure your voice is fine the way it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment