Monday, June 6, 2011

Voice change at the age of 22, male. Is this normal? How long should I wait?

I'm quite worried about my voice now. I don't feel any pain in my throat. But at times, I would still squeak/flip to head-voice for no reason when I sing my middle range. Surprisingly, my low and high range works perfectly fine. Is my voice going to change or something?Voice change at the age of 22, male. Is this normal? How long should I wait?
First of all, has your voice changed? (I don't want to be insulting, but there are rare cases where a male will go through puberty and his voice didn't change due to phsiological issues)?



All singers have a passagio (a breaking point) in their voice (more pronounced with male singers though) which you're desribing.



Sounds as though your middle range of your voice is right within that passagio range- in most cases, the passagio range lies just a bit lower. There is nothing wrong, and you shouldn't be concerned. Proper vocal training will help you get better control of your voice if this really bothers you.Voice change at the age of 22, male. Is this normal? How long should I wait?
Son, I was still doin' what you've just described at THIRTY, so I'd say you've got sod-all to worry about, my boy! Peace and love! Be lucky! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment