Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How does artists' such as Lil Wayne, T-Pain, Kanye West change their voice?

Does anyone know how these artists make that sound effect to their voice on their songs T-Pain does it more than anybody. I am trying to be an up and coming rapper and i would like to get that sound effect as well. I have heard rumors about it being a tube that they put in their mouth. But if any body knows can you please tell me what it is?How does artists' such as Lil Wayne, T-Pain, Kanye West change their voice?
a vox. i think that's what its called.You talk into a tube/ mic thing.

Peter Frampton used it about 30 years ago, so i don't think its a super new voice effect.How does artists' such as Lil Wayne, T-Pain, Kanye West change their voice?
Yeah the Obama guy is correct. I just released my new cd and I used this effect twice using gsnap ( freeware application used the same as auto tune ) and I received great feedback and got great results.

If you really need the settings email me @ '; 3rdworldmafia@gmail.com '; and I'll send you a copy.

Report Abuse


You can use either Autotune by Antares or for free GSnap works just as well. Just search them on google. then go to you tube and search autotune or t-pain effect and you'll find a video that will show you what settings to use. You'll also need studio mixing software and for that I reccomend Mixcraft. Mixcraft is easy to use and even if you only get the trial version it is fully functional after the trial period. You just can't burn the cd or save it in an audio format like mp3.
It's called Auto Tune. Go here: http://www.antarestech.com/products/auto



You need a music recording program to get it to work, if you go on Youtube and search ';auto tune'; you should be able to find out how to do it.
audio or that thing snoop had in his mouth on the sensual seduction video/song. they should all leave it to tpain! lol
I would say a vocoder, but with the current state of music, it's probably just a shitload of auto-tune.
they do it in the studio

thats why i think their so lame .



its not even their own voice and people are all '; gah gah '; over them .

No comments:

Post a Comment