Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Change voice? please read.?

so the best way i can explain the style of my voice that i normally sing in is like lacey mosley from flyeaf. which is 'rockish' per se. i want to be able to change my voice to a more ';pop punk sound';. i don't mean change my voice to sound like someone else, just change the sound for a different genre. i already can change my voice to classical style for chamber choir, and it sounds nice. but since i already have the rockish down (which is my normal voice), does anyone have advice for how can i change it to sound more pop-yer/punkish or develop some of the attributes of pop/punk? haha. i hope someone understands what i'm trying to ask.Change voice? please read.?
yup! I do! I've learnt this in voice acting so i'll try to tell you as much as I know.



Basically, you control your airflow and your tightness in the throat plus the amount of gravel in your voice. Pop songs, you would usually go for a medium tone- not too high or too low. Now add gravel into it. That means make your voice more 'raw' if you get what I mean. Try groaning and making that gravelly sound in your throat. now add a little of that into singing

Next, constrict your throat A LITTLE. not too tight or that will become harmful. Make it natural and restrict the airflow a little. Keep practicing and you'll get it.Change voice? please read.?
Just Go For It

No comments:

Post a Comment