Monday, November 22, 2010

How do I change my voice when I sing?

I've been in the chorus for three years and durign that time I learned to sing in the head voice, which has a softer edge %26amp; is usually the opposites of singers sing. and i feel really stupid saying this here, but it seems like I somehow FORGOT how to sing like I used to. Those that like to sing pop music and other types: how do you get that harder edge?



And also, when I hit the higher notes I sound, well, different. is there any way that can be changed so i don't sound so weird? thanks a lot to allHow do I change my voice when I sing?
ok,



you really should go to a teacher for this.



it's possible to do it yourself, but it will take some time, you'll get faster results with guidance. you've just trained your vocal chords to move in this way. it's great when your looking to blend the sound for a choir, but disastorous when you wanna perform alone. choir masters are only interested in the overall sound of the choir, regardless of you individually so it's very easy to pick up bad habbits there



put simply,



the sound you produce depends on how well you can breathe and understanding your registers, and resonance and a whole host of things.

That ';harder edge'; requires you to sing lower notes in your chest register, (put your hand on your chest, when you sing a lower note it should vibrate) then you work on your bridge to bring that harder sound up into the head voice, mixing the two together so your voice becomes one voice,sirening is one of the basic excersises for this (we call this blending or the mix) you'll then be able to work on ';belting';, with correct breathing, posture and resonance. this will allow you to reach those higher notes with power. check this out http://www.goodrichvocal.com/education/v



singing does take time and commitment, and it's complicated, if you wanna go it alone, you have to research and learn it theres plenty of websites for you to do this without spending a dime. my advice, see a professional.



hope this helps



annaHow do I change my voice when I sing?
No offense, but true singers with natural, God-given talent don't have to ask these questions. It comes naturally to them and they already know. Somehow, I don't think you've got it.
This happened to me too, when I switched to Rock from Gujarati Folk. I used to sing kinda Pop and Folk together, but now, I'm singing Rock. The Who, The Doors, System Of A Down, etc types. It was too hard for me to change my pitch while singing. I used to sing rock like folk only...... :D

What all you need to do is, just listen to that song more than 5 times, sing it in your mind, try to sing it little loudly, then start with one pitch higher every time. By the day you're performing, you'll be in the zone and singing any song will be just like singing the way you used to in 'chorus'.

All the very best. Am looking forward to have link of the songs you sang.





Regards.

Mr.B
You cant change your voice i am really sorry but its you just don't got it
It sounds like you want to learn to belt. This is something best handled by a qualified voice teacher.



A very important warning. Learning to belt incorrectly can damage your voice. When you try to broach this subject with a voice teacher you will get one of three reactions.



1) A gung-ho, jump-in-with-both-feet type of approach

2) Refusal to teach belting, either because the teacher doesn't know how, or looks down on it.

3) Cautious, but willing.



If you get either answers 1 or 2, run. You want to look for people who react with number 3. That's your best bet to learn how to belt in a healthy manner.
Step into a bear trap.

No comments:

Post a Comment