Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How do i get used to voice change: singing?

I am a boy, im 15 lol thats the basics. I love singing and have recently started solo career after 6 years in choir but now my voice is breaking and I cant get used to singing in a lower voice. Any tips and advice?



Thanks in advanceHow do i get used to voice change: singing?
I can't stress this enough, be really careful with your voice for at least 6 months. When a guy's voice breaks, it becomes very fragile for a while, and by straining too much you could do permanent damage. Always remember to gently warm up and cool down before and after you sing. Practise scales going down into the lower end of your range, and some going higher. This will help you to discover your new vocal range after being a treble. But again, watch that you're not straining your voice by singing lower or higher than is comfortable. If you feel a tightness in the back of your throat, do not attempt to sing this note. If possible get some vocal tutition, there really is no substitute for a good singing teacher. They will be able to help you with technique, which will be very different for you now your voice has broken, and working with your range.



Best of luck with your singing! xHow do i get used to voice change: singing?
This same thing is happening to me. %26gt;.%26gt; my father says I will always have this falsetto in my voice, I certainly hope not :(

Report Abuse


growing. When you grow your voice become different. Don't quit singing, the more you sing the more you improve.
youll get used to it, besides once you learn to sing in a lower voice, you can always switch to falsetto later!

No comments:

Post a Comment