Saturday, November 20, 2010

How can i change active voice sentence to a passive voice sentence?

On sunday, i went on the computer. I also went to my friends house. I hung out with them. I had so much fun.

That is a paragraph of active voice How can i change it to a paragraph of passive voice?How can i change active voice sentence to a passive voice sentence?
On the computer, at my friend's home with them, all were delighted Sunday.

The verbal phrase ';were delighted'; is passive.How can i change active voice sentence to a passive voice sentence?
Not everything can be changed to a passive voice - if you do something (';go to a friend's house,'; for example) that can't really be made passive. Passive is more like ';A puppy was given to me,'; instead of ';I got a puppy.'; So there have to be two different possible subjects to the sentence. And I think 'My friend's house was visited by me'; sounds a little - forced, if not outright weird. The only one that I think could become passive would be ';Fun was had by me,'; which - again - what's the point?
On Sunday, my computer was went on by me. Also my friend's house was went to by me. I was hung out with them. So much fun was had by me.



As you can see, this is complete garbage and would be a red pen essay if you had to hand it in. Sentence construction depends entirely on the context of what you wish to communicate, so you have to change the whole viewpoint of the paragraph. eg ';The computer was used to play games, then my friends were visited by me. They were graced with my presence and so much fun was had';.



http://www.englishpage.com/verbpage/acti

No comments:

Post a Comment