Saturday, November 20, 2010

Using a Fake Voice since the start of your work search and even after hired, is it ok?

By fake voice i mean for example making a fake accent like Apu in the simpsons. So you put on that accent when you interview for a job, then you keep the accent even if you're hired. OR you change voices frequently.



I'm asking this because in my real life that's how it works with me, i keep changing voices partly because i speak spanish with family then i speak to cousin or sister in English ALL in the same house. So it's constantly changing my accent. Therefore it's something i'm used to now. Plus i like to make voices like a fake indian accent like Apu of the simpsons. and other times i put on a thick mexican accent when speaking English.



Thing is, my accents are not for the sake of making me sound funny, i just do it cause its fun and gives me confidence. So is this bad to do if you find a Job( office job). I don't see anything wrong if you're serious and take a phone call but with Apu's kind of voice. if you talk well, and in an understandable english then it's fine.Using a Fake Voice since the start of your work search and even after hired, is it ok?
it's OK if you can pull it off.Using a Fake Voice since the start of your work search and even after hired, is it ok?
It sounds like fun, but be sure it doesn't stem from some psychosis.



. . . or should I say, ';seguro que es no por que estas loco.';
you shouldn't do apu's voice when you're on the phone. I can never understand when people have that accent it drives me crazy! I'm always like what? what? what?! Anyway, your employer might think you're putting on a show and might not think it's very funny. But if you can get away with it, go for it...sounds like fun.
LOL, I thought it was funny,but seriously don't portray someone you are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment